Wednesday, April 23, 2008

One Proud Mom

Tonight Emma participated in a talent show for activity days. When she left the house she thought it was just a practice. I asked her what she was going to do, and she said she was going to sing. Well, me being the parent that I am, one with little talent especially when singing, suggested she take some of her art, (also not a talent that I have). She said, "No, I love singing, I'm going to sing." With apprehension in my heart, not for her abilities, but for my own, she headed off to the church. 25 minutes later I got a panicked call from my daughter, "Mom! I was wrong, the talent show is tonight." I quickly gathered up the baby and all her supplies and headed off to the church. Keep in mind, Emma hadn't picked a song and hadn't practiced. Her concern was me missing her performance, not her lack of preparation. She had decided to sing a primary song and when her turn came, she froze. She totally forgot the words, I was trying to sing for her. Thank the world for some wonderful leaders who led her over to the piano so that she could read the words and start again, and start again she did. She sang very quietly, but she did it. She didn't let her fear control her, she didn't quit or give up. She sang her song and I couldn't be more proud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great Ihave way to much fear in me. You are starting them young, I wish I was braver when I was young. Good for her:)