Monday, April 7, 2008

How did this happen?

So, I'm sitting in Tami's living room while she and Joanna discuss some novels by Stephanie Meyer. What are they getting so excited about? Edward? Seriously, some teenage vampire love story. Where's the appeal? I don't get it. Silently I'm laughing in my head. I'm an avid reader. I love to read, but I do have standards. I can't understand the appeal, but I keep my opinion to myself. I'm just now meeting Joanna, I don't want to offend. She seems pretty sharp, seems to make my big bro pretty happy. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and pretend like I'm interested. A nod here, a small comment there. Nope, just doesn't interest me.
Wednesday night Tami drops the book "Twilight", into my lap. "You have to read it." She has to work tomorrow. I can at least kill some time, right? It's a New York Times Bestseller?
Holy Cats! Finished the book Thursday, and started reading "New Moon". Tami refuses to let me borrow it because she says she doesn't trust me with her hard back copy. How rude! I'll send it back, (okay, maybe I'm not the best about getting stuff in the mail). Sure Mom and Dad's Christmas presents are still sitting on my front entry table, but I'll get around to it when I get a little more time. I'm still on maternity leave for another 4 weeks. I make Tami take me to Barnes and Noble. I can't wait. Finished it Saturday night. Dying to read "Eclipse". It's Sunday, can this be considered as the "ox in the mire"? What's one more day?
It's Monday morning. Book store opens at what time? Sawyer runs in my room, "Mom, I think I'm going to throw up." Would I be a horrible mother if I took my sick kid out? I'll give him a bowl for in the car. I think I'm obsessed. I can wait.
Thank Heavens Taylor gets home at 3.

8 comments:

Tami Harris said...

FANTASTIC!! I'm so impressed you set up the blog. Now make sure you keep updating it. And for the book? Ye of little faith! Would I recommend a dumb book?? You're obsessed now aren't you? Have you preordered #4? ha. love you! miss you! I'm going through sister withdrawls!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, When did you have another baby? I am so out of the loop. How are you guys? I love those books also. Good to see your cute family. Brooke (Allman) Jeppson

Syphus Family said...

Tiffany,

Hey, I found your blog through Tami's blog. It was great to see you at Grandma's funeral. We are looking forward to seeing you at the reunion this summer. Email me and I'll send you an invite to our blog (it's private) Take care,

Stephanie

Alison said...

Tiffany - How's one of my favorite nieces doing? It's been too long. Wow, what a beautiful family you have. Congratulations on the new one. Alison

chelon:) said...

hilarious!! i have to say...by far some of the best books i have ever read!! i am actually going to her book signing in houston in may for her book called the host!! maybe you could meet us there :) beautiful kids...would love to catch up! xoxo

Joanna said...

I LOVE IT! I promise, I read fairly respectable literature... I do. But those books were my guilty pleasure, and I love seeing others get hooked as well! It's hysterical! I seriously got no sleep the week I read them.

Now you need to check out one of the funniest blog posts ever:

http://mormonhusbands.blogspot.com/2008/02/twilight-series-for-dummies-and-totally.html

I laughed my head off.

:)

The Hardy's said...

Guilty pleasure is right. Looking forward to #4. Visited the blog, hysterical! So is your crush Edward, Jacob, Jack, Sayeed, Sawyer, or Elder Smithson from Labor of Love? :) Te-hee

Adriane & Stacy said...

Seriously? You aren't good at getting things in the mail? Surely you jest!!! Sure wish I had something for this poor, pitiful dry skin of mine!!! I love your blog and can't believe how big all of the kids are getting. Love ya bunches and miss you!

Adriane