Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday LanDaMan!

So, my guy's 14 today. Mike and I took him to dinner tonight and when the wait staff asked how old he was, in my mind I was really thinking 13. I swear it was just yesterday he was walking around our aparment at the U of U in his walker pulling rib bones out of the trash to gnaw on. My how time has flown. From the beginning, Landon has been the one that has made us laugh. He was such a goofy looking kid. Ever read the comic Marvin?It was fairly new when he was born, and he reminded us so much of him we actually called him "Marvin". Chubby cheeks, blond hair flying all over the place. Landon was my best laugher as a baby, and as he's grown he's proven to be the comic of the family. We can always count on him to make us laugh. He's so goofy, but doesn't take himself to seriously. I really hope this isn't something that he'll outgrow. He's a great kid, I couldn't be more proud.

Happy Birthday! Even though you're getting older, stay true to who you are. Every family needs a weirdo, that's why we have you!
(Sorry dude, this may be a year old, but it's better than the "Hitler" stash!)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Ahhh Tiff you make me laugh. Yes, every family needs a wierdo :) Wish we lived closer so our 13-14 year old boys could hang out.

chelon:) said...

what a good lookin' kid!! i can't believe that i used to babysit him!! time sure does fly :)

Tami Harris said...

happy bday Landon! You rock!BTW- come visit Parker (and me) :)

Krisann Charles said...

How does it happen so quick? Landon did have quite the blonde mop on top...it had a mind of it's own...I totally remember that hair and the personality that went with it when he was a little kid! Happy Birthday to the big 14 year old. Thanks for keeping his hair short and always making me laugh Tiff, you have such a cute family.

Liz said...

Hi!! I found your blog and it's so great to see your cute family. I can't believe Landon is 14. Really? Has it been that long ago that we lived in Lexington? He was little. Good to see your blog and get caught up. :) Liz Hall